Scope of Work: Contractor has installed new fiber optic cables in the Memorial Union and needs to permanently splice the new fiber to the existing fiber optic cables supporting the data switches. The cutover/splice to new fiber optics will affect all the data switches within Memorial Union as well as four nearby buildings (207 Third Street, North Parking Structure, Chancellor’s Residence, and International House).
This will only affect data and wireless service. Voice Services will not be affected.
The schedule for the cutover is as follows:
1. Memorial Union cutover (6:00AM - 6:30AM)
2. Chancellor’s Residence (6:30AM – 7:00AM)
3. International House (7:00AM - 7:30AM)
4. North Entry Parking Structure/Verizon (7:30AM - 8:30AM)
5. 207 3d Street (10:00AM – Noon) (multiple fiber runs) each floor out for 30 minutes approximately
1. Memorial Union (CAAN 3460) (all data to include wireless will be affected)
a. All IDF edge switches within the building will be down for a few minutes while fiber is patched to the new fiber and service is restored
b. Once BDF switch is restored, IDF edge switches should be operational within a few minutes (NOC will be monitoring all switches during the cutover)
2. 207 Third Street (CAAN 9852)
3. North Entry Parking Structure (CAAN 4645) and Verizon Wireless Tower
4. Chancellor’s Residence (CAAN 3427)
5. International House (CAAN 8057)
DCM Project for the MU Renovation needs the current fiber and conduits to be re-routed to make room for the new larger HVAC unit in the MU’s basement.
David Hamaoka at 530-219-2546
DCM Program Manager:
Greg Secor at 530-574-7519
IT Express Service Desk
Jan 20, 16:27 PST